BAMST is the Belgian Association of Meat Science and Technology, grouping Belgian scientists who are active in the field of meat science and meat processing. The mission of BAMST is contributing to dissemination of scientific information and novel research findings on meat in general, including the production, processing, consumption, quality and safety of meat and its future role in sustainable food production.
BAMST was founded in 1986 after the organisation of the 32nd European Meeting of Meat Research Workers (EMMRW) in Ghent, Belgium. The organizing committee of this conference established BAMST as the permanent society of Belgian scientists involved in meat and meat products research. The main activity of BAMST is the regular organization of conferences on various aspects of meat.
- Frédéric Leroy, VUB, President
- Stefaan De Smet, UGent, Vice-President
- Marijke Aluwé, ILVO, Secretary
- Marc Casteels, Treasurer and PR Officer
- Gilbert Berben, CRA Gembloux
- Antoine Clinquart, ULiège
- Patrick Dirinck
- Ilse Fraeye, KULeuven
- Frank Vandendriessche, Fenavian
- Lynn Vanhaecke, UGent
- Geert Van Royen, ILVO
- Brigitte Wallays